People keep asking me if I'm excited. Am I excited to go halfway across the world to share the Gospel to tons of children who already have my heart? Heck yes, I'm excited. But with that excitement comes fear. Fear of the unknown. Fear of getting out of this box that I've put myself in. Fear of being thrown out of my comfort zone. But at the same time I'm excited about all these things that I fear. Who wants to be stuck in their comfort zone? There isn't any room for growth, and I want to grow. I want to grow as a daughter of Christ. I want to grow in my relationship with Him. In the instances that we grow the most, we are thrown out of our comfort zone into a whole new territory in which we must trust our God with everything we have. It's both exciting and scary at the same time, almost like a circle of emotions. I'm excited to go to Africa, but scared of being out of comfort zone. At the same time, it's exciting for the chance to grow. It's exciting for the chance to change people's lives forever. It's exciting to be able to do some good in this world. It's exciting to have to NEED my Lord, Jesus, to get through it. Am I excited? Yes, I'm excited.
People keep asking about the dangers I may face in a foreign land, "full of diseases" as my dad would say. Well, you know, I have no idea what's going to happen, but I know that it will be God's will. The majority of my family are against me going because they're afraid of what may happen to me. Well, if it's God's will for me to come back safe, healthy, and stronger than when I left, I will. There's no doubt in my mind that God's will is good, whatever that may be. Am I afraid? Well, wouldn't you be? But still, with this, comes excitement. I'm excited to see God's will carry out. I'm excited to lean on Him and trust in Him to keep me safe, it that is indeed the plan. Relying on my God excites me because I know that having to rely on Him brings growth. I want to start in becoming the woman I was meant to be. I am changing: less and less asleep. Made of different stuff than when I began. Am I excited for this? Yes, yes I am.
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment