Saturday, August 22, 2009
Uncomfortable
Living an uncomfortable life. It's what we're called to do. I was "uncomfortable" but the world's standards for 2 months. And it was the best 2 months of my life. And now, here at home, I'm still being called to live an uncomfortable life, and God keeps reminding me of that. I don't exactly have a lot of money, and have no way of making any at the moment. I'm trying to get a job, and I'm waiting for my loan to go through. And until this happens, I have $13 to live off of. I've been craving Chick-fil-a since I was in Africa, but I've been fighting temptation to eat there. I don't like eating cereal with no milk, but I can't spend the money on milk. If anyone knows my eating habits, I HATE eating leftovers, but I've been eating them and have to make them last as long as I can. Yes, it's stressful; it's uncomfortable. But then I'm reminded of my summer. I'm reminded of the kids who are lucky enough to have one meal a day. I'm reminded that their bellies are hardly ever full. I'm reminded that I'm called to live an uncomfortable life. Now, I know whether I'm full or not doesn't affect the big scheme of things, but it reminds me of Nsoko and what it taught me. And I prayed that God would remind me every single day of my summer, so I guess this is just an answered prayer :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment