Sunday, August 23, 2009

Colile

She was the sweetest, funniest, loving little girl I've ever met. One that will always be dear to my heart. She and her little sister, Phetsile, were considered "mine" while we were in Nsoko. Until they met EB about halway through the trip, but Colile always remembered me. They would always run to the center, see me, and jump into my arms. It was the sweetest thing ever, I miss it so stinking much. They would NEVER wear their shoes even though had them, and I would joke with them saying the only reason they didn't wear them was so I would carry them. They really didn't know what I was saying because they didn't understand English that well, but Colile would always say, "Yes" with a huge grin on her face and start laughing. I miss the times when I would carry Colile on my back to the center from the soccer field/primary school. I miss her running up and jumping into my arms. I miss twirling her around until I was too dizzy to stand. I miss playing games with her. I miss everything about her. Her smile. Her laugh. She has such a beautiful laugh. I miss her loving heart and the way she looks after Phetsile. Colile always wanted to share her food with me. Even though she barely had anything, she'd still want to share it with me. One time she was eating a grapefruit, and made me eat part of it. Another time she was eating beans or something and made me try it. She was always sharing. Always giving. Such a beautiful heart. Eleven year olds here in America aren't like that. They're different there. Everything is different there.
I remember one day the week before we were leaving when I was holding Colile. One of the Swazis asked me about us leaving. So, I had to explain to them that we were leaving to go home... talk about depressing! Colile gave me this look like, "Are you being serious right now?" (see photo below) and then she did a fakecry on my shoulder. Even though she was faking it, it was still extremely sad and that's when it started setting in that we were leaving so soon. Gosh, I miss her so much and it breaks my heart to think about the possibility of never seeing her again. She touched my heart in so many ways and I will never, ever forget her. When I have a daughter, I'm naming her Colile. She will never leave my heart.

She just makes me smile



This is the look she gave me when I told her we were leaving the following week



The day I left



Colile, Phetsile, and I

No comments:

Post a Comment